Refresh Your Healthcare CV With These Top Tips
Newly qualified and looking for your perfect first position? Or just want to make your CV stand out from the crowd. We can help. Check out these useful FAQs to guide you through the process.
What should I include in my cv?
- Personal Details: This includes your full name, telephone number, address and email address as a priority, as well as a visa status if relevant
- Summary of Work History: With dates, job title, employer, location, and any skills, achievements, and responsibilities for these roles, with the most recent one first. It is also good to consider soft skills as well as non-clinical ones, such as good communication skills, timeliness, etc
- Medical Qualifications: If relevant with dates, institutions, and locations
- CPD Courses or Training
- Membership to Professional Organisations
- References: With names and contact details, one being your current supervisor
- Vaccination Status:(If required in the job post)
As always, make sure to adhere to any CV guidance that the job post or your consultant specifies.
How should I layout my CV?
- Your cv should be neat and tidy, using adequate spacing, with all sections clearly identifiable
- Don’t be too creative, as many medical CVs have conventions, so make sure to use standard fonts and a clean layout. You can use colours, but make sure these are easy on the eye and don’t make it difficult to read.
- Place dates to either the left or right-hand side
- Make sure your experience is ordered by the most recent first. This helps our consultants and the employer to clearly see what your expertise are
- Give most detail to sections of your cv that you consider most relevant and important to the job, giving clear evidence of your ability to fulfill the job requirements
What do I need to remember?
- Attention To Detail: Spell check twice to ensure your cv doesn’t look rushed. There are some great websites that can help you with spelling and grammar such as Grammarly
- Avoid Unnecessary Info: If you have space, adding the occasional hobby or award is fine, but don’t clutter the pages with information that is not relevant. You don’t want your skills to get lost!
- Our Team Are Here To Help!: If you need any more advice on how to make your cv look top-notch, our friendly consultants are on hand to help you through the whole process, not just for cv advice.